Home BetMcLean League Cup news Last Night’s BetMcLean League Cup 3rd Round Action News

Last Night’s BetMcLean League Cup 3rd Round Action News

Betmclean League Cup 3rd round news
Betmclean League Cup 3rd round news

It was a jam-packed night of last-minute action in the 3rd round of the BetMcLean League Cup last night.

Crusaders hosted Ballinamallard at Seaview and won by the game by the skin of their teeth in the final moment even though they had dominated possession throughout. Ballinamallard teenager give the visitors the lead fifteen minutes into the second half when he drove the ball past Harry Doherty. Crusader’s record goal scorer Owens levelled the score from with a header from a corner on the 80th minute. Matthew Snoddy secured the second goal for Crus and Stephen Baxter’s men can breathe a sigh of relief.

Cliftonville beat Carrick Rangers in a thrilling 3-2 victory at Solitude. Lee Ives broke the deadlock early in the first half for the hosts and team mate Joe Gormley doubled the score from a penalty after Ryan Curran was brought down in the box by Chris Rodgers. Carrick had a steep hill to climb but in the 77th minute Daniel Kelly sent home Lee Chapman’s cross to put one on the board for the visitors. Carrick kept pressing and were rewarded for their tenacity when Lloyd Anderson scored from Nixon’s cross just ten minutes later. Cliftonville retaliated with another Joe Gormley goal to put the hosts through to last eight.

Another thriller of game was Warrenpoint v Dungannon. Jarlath O’Rourke put Dungannon ahead in closing minutes of the first half but this spurred Warrenpoint on and Philip Donnelly levelled the score just before the break. Warrenpoint’s Anto Reilly scored an OG which put the Swifts ahead, but a determined Donnelly scored his 2nd of the night to put the sides level once more. This took the game into extra time but Seanan Clucas ended Warrenpoint’s quarter final hopes when he scored the winner for Dungannon with just 90 seconds to go.

Dergview were well and truly beaten by Ards last night. Michael McLellan put the first score on board for the visitors on 15 minutes. The hosts, Garth Falconer put the sides level after he beat Sam Johnston in the box. McLellan put the visitors 2-1 up after a penalty and Ryan Strain increased the score to 3-1 after scoring his first goal for Ards. Kyle Cherry sealed the deal for Ards scoring their 4th goal of the night.

Ballymena hosted HW Welders at the Showgrounds in what was a scoreless game until the final moments of added time when midfielder Jude Winchester scored from a rebounded ball.  HW Welders held their own during the game and had some good chances but were denied at the death.

The next round of games in BetMcLean League Cup is on Tuesday 30th October when Glentoran host Coleraine, Linfield host Institute and Newry host Portadown.

For the Best Betting on the BetMcLean League Cup and more please click HERE